COVID-19 Virus Urgent Update
As you may know, in response to the COVID-19 virus, President Trump, the American Dental Association and the Missouri Dental Association have all recommended that dental treatment be limited to emergencies only and all other treatment be postponed for 2-3 weeks. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our patients, staff, families, and the community at large. As such, we have made the decision to follow and abide with these recommendations.
Our office will remain open to see any patient who presents with emergency dental pain. We will do our part to relieve the burden in hospital emergency rooms. However, all other non-emergency appointments are currently being rescheduled at this time. We ask for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
We have always taken the highest measures to ensure cleanliness and patient safety at our office. In addition to our standard protocols we are now taking some additional measures to help protect our patients and team members:
1. We are requesting anyone who has experienced fever, cough, shortness of breath or fatigue within the last 48 hours to reschedule their dental appointment and seek medical attention. We are also requesting that you reschedule if you or a family member has traveled outside the country within the last two weeks.
2. To limit the number of patients in our waiting area, we are asking patients to call the office and wait in your vehicle when you arrive. Please refrain from walking into the office until advised. A staff member will ask you some pre-screening questions over the phone and/or bring you paperwork/information to fill out. The staff member may also take your temperature at this time.
3. To further limit the number of patients in our waiting area, we are also requesting that, except for minors and patients with special needs, the scheduled patient comes into the office without companions.
4. When the room where you will be seen has been cleaned, disinfected, and set up, you will be called or a staff member will come out to escort you inside and straight to your room.
5. All high-touch areas (waiting area, restroom, doorknobs, etc.) will be routinely disinfected throughout the day
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will update you with any changes..
As always, we appreciate you trusting us with your health and will do our utmost to ensure we continue to earn that trust.